Dec 31, 2016

Stella Lager

Stella Lager
Al Ahram Beverages Company (Heineken)

0,33l
4,5%

My friend Ramses managed to bring me this exotic baby from Egypt. From what I understand he had to do secret handshakes in back alleys to procure something alcoholic in that country. Ramses: Thank you!

It's also gonna be my last entry this terrible year... I can only hope that 2017 will be better. Whether this brew is a matching beer for the end of the year remains to be seen. 
Ratebeer gives this an overall score of 3.... which is possibly the lowest I have seen in a while. But hey... I drink almost everything for you, dear readers!

So this beautiful can is golden and blue and depicts a white-blue star on blue background. 
To match the festivity of new years eve I chose my stylish tasting glass. 

It pours with at first not much carbonation but then evolves to forming a nice head. It is of golden color and seems not fully filtered as it is not totally crystal clear.

The aroma is surprisingly floral and fruity with hints of raspberry and peppery spices... nice aroma so far. Let's see whether the taste holds what the aroma promises.

After a nice floral start, it turns into a surprisingly mellow but spicy yet pretty bland experience taste wise. The alcohol is recognizable in the aftertaste which is something I am not too fond of. Now there are some promises with this brew but in the end the attempt to appeal to the mass is -like so often- its downfall.

Still something I'd drink in a pub... which is something I wouldn't say about just every brew.

Thanks Ramses!

Prost!

DMW

P.S.: HAPPY NEW YEAR!




No comments:

Post a Comment